How Keyword Analysis Helps Your Business
According to statistics, over 75% of Internet users never look past the first page of search results. Therefore, keyword analysis is a vital part of SEO because has the most influence on determining your website’s search engine ranking. It’s essential to understand what makes great keywords and how they help promote your business online.
Benefits of efficient keyword analysis
Filling your content with the right SEO keywords allows you to:
- Create engaging content for your targeted audience.
Analysing keywords relevant to your business helps understand what the customers are interested in and develop relevant content based on this information.
- Increase the conversion rate.
High-quality content boosts the audience’s interest and builds trust for your business. This both attracts traffic and increases the net profits.
- Developing a more efficient marketing strategy.
Keyword analysis studies the trends in the consumer behaviour, providing the information necessary to determine where to focus your marketing efforts to achieve the best results.
- Expanding the audience.
Deep analysis of keywords and tracking the success rate of different combinations provides an opportunity to discover more detailed and longer queries that can be used to target new markets. Narrowing your marketing campaign in such manner allows appealing to new groups of prospective customers.
Characteristics of good SEO keywords
Every business niche has its own group of relevant keywords. However, there are some general rules that determine the quality of SEO key phrases. They are:
- Single-word terms and any other words that are too broad are a poor choice for search engine optimisation as they are too competitive. Efficient keywords are focused on the service/product offered by the business.
- Specialised terms should be avoided as they are too narrow and there are few searches for them.
- It’s advised to avoid the most popular terms, especially for small businesses, as it’s impossible to rank high on them due to high competition.
SEO keywords placement
Keyword analysis is vital, but the placement and frequency of keywords in the content matter just as much. Texts with too many SEO phrases can be penalised, which will lower your search engine ranking. The Google may not recognise articles, where keywords are placed incorrectly, so they won’t be ranked appropriately.
In order to produce the best results, SEO keywords must be placed in:
- The title of the post
- The URL of the page
- The image file paths
- The anchor text
- The meta tags
- Distributed throughout the text at even intervals
It’s imperative to understand that the relevance of SEO keywords is more important than their density. However, both matter for effective website optimisation and must be considered when developing your content.